May 22, 2015 at 12:00 am
PORTLAND, Maine – The Maine Real Estate & Development Association (MEREDA) recently announced winners of its 2014 Notable Projects Awards at its annual Spring Conference in Portland last week. Each of the selected seven projects fulfill MEREDA’s mission of responsible development, but also involved a significant investment of resources and job creation statewide. All of these “noteworthy and significant" real estate projects were completed in 2014 and are fully tenanted. Projects were selected for recognition based upon criteria including environmental sustainability, economic impact, energy efficiency, social impact and job creation.
“Once again, we have seen the incredible vision and integrity demonstrated by our developers right here in Maine. MEREDA is pleased to recognize these exemplary projects, which have aided Maine’s economic growth,” noted Michael O’Reilly, President, MEREDA Board of Directors and Senior Vice President, Southern Maine Commercial Banking Team Lead, at Bangor Savings Bank.
The recipients of MEREDA’s Top 7 Most Notable Projects of 2014 included:
- In Lewiston, the Hampton Inn by Parallax Partners: Award being accepted by Chris Thompson with Shari Young of LodgeSys Management;
- In Portland, The Bay House Condominiums by Reger Dasco Properties: Award being accepted by Gordon Reger and Demetri Dasco;
- In Falmouth, Falmouth Schools Redevelopment Project by OceanView at Falmouth: Award being accepted by Chris Wasileski and Matt Teare;
- In Farmington, Brookside Village by Farmington Land: Award being accepted by Buzz Davis and Bill Marceau;
- In Ellsworth, Seaport Village & The Inn at Seaport by First Atlantic HealthCare: Award being accepted by Craig Coffin & Kenneth Bowden;
- In Portland, Courtyard by Marriott by J.B. Brown & Sons: Award being accepted by Vin Veroneau; and
- Also in Portland, Hyatt Place Hotel by East Brown Cow: Award being accepted by Tim Soley.
More information on each of the projects can be found here.
Categories: Press Release